Saturday, February 14, 2009

Morning Musings

Running my fingers over Tootie's hair//slowly//carefully//trying very hard not to disrupt the patterns and natural swirls of his fur.
He looks scared.

I woke up early today. 9:06 AM, the time as I type this, feels early. 8:00 AM, the time I woke up, feels ungodly. I'm sure Raymond is already up, doin' his thang, planning his day. I wish I was an early bird.

My urge for a cigarette brought me outside, barefoot on the cold concrete. I continue to be surprised by this recent development: cigarette addiction. Don't worry, I insist that I am in control and that this is just a fun phase that I will quit any day now. I wonder if it is going to stay cold as the day progresses. Today I welcome the cold.

Looking at Jessica's Panama photos gives me the greatest urge for another vacation. I need to be somewhere else. Somewhere foreign. Foreign not in the sense of different country, different ethnicity, different language; but simply foreign to me. An exotic local like Panama would be amazing and much appreciated, but not necessary. Being "somewhere else" can be so exhilarating. To smell different air, see different people, hear different sounds. All of that gives me such a rush. Take me anywhere! Omaha, Buda, Oklahoma! But if you're being generous (when I say you I mean my handsome 30 something financier of this vacation. Ain't nothin wrong with a lil fantasy)...India, Mexico, Thailand, Vietnam, Turkey.

Photographer Spotlight: Debbie Flemming



8 comments:

  1. yr blog sounds straaangely like mine at times. even yr blog description. am i infiltrating yr brain and you don't even know it or you do and yr just taking me all in ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. I dunno! I believe I am influenced by everyone around me all the time. I'm taking it all in, everyone and everything. I'm sure this has an effect on my writing.

    My writing IS changing though. It has been changing first in my own private journal and now in here I guess. All I can describe it as is being more natural and fluid. I used to sit down trying too hard to come up with something to write. Or I would unnaturally infiltrate humor into things I wrote. Everything had to be a joke just in case someone mistakenly thought I took myself seriously. Which now I can say I do and I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i DO love those debbie f fotos they touch a spot in my brain it tingles
    takin you in
    reshib

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww you deleted your previous comments! i'm glad i saw em though.

    let's take each other in and job hunt this week? oiiii i don't wannaaaa. but i gotstaaaa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'll drop you off in Buda on my way to school, lol.

    ReplyDelete